WILBURY BASH 1 - 6 September 2011 ***Input Required***

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boer!

Race Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
I have shamelesly stolen the name for my new bash from these guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwqhdRs4jyA
Please click on the link before you read the rest please.  :thumleft:

The Wilbury Bash will be something completely different, and will suit the more adventurous bikers out there.  The main idea is to hold a bash over 5 nights, each night will be held and hosted in a different province. :eek:
A select group of bikers will complete the entire Bash, but the main idea is that any Wilddog can join for 1 night only, or for all 5 nights, and complete the entire circular trip, whichever you prefer.

The main rules of the Wilbury Bash will be the following.
1.  You have to join the Bash by bike, and sleepover in your tent.  Only backup vehicles allowed.  No chalets or caravan parks etc.  It has to be rough and in the bush.  Access should be difficult terrain.  :ricky:
2.  Food and beverages will be supplied by suggested/nominated overnight stops.  No need to cart excess stuff around.
3.  The routes will be predetermined, so anybody can join along the way, or meet up at various stops.
4.  Anybody is welcome to do their own weekend outride before, and just join up for the night that we are staying over in your province.  I.e.  Incorporate our camping spot into your ride.

I have the following provinces in mind for overnighters.

1.  Western Cape:  Need input please (want to use Tau's SAS willehond as well)

2.  Eastern Cape:  Camping Spot Sorted between Grahamstown/Fort Beaufort.

3.  Kwazulu Natal:  Need Input please. (might be looking at Lesotho as a waypoint, but time constraints  ???)

4.  Free State/Northern Cape:  Camping spot not confirmed, but Loxton, seems to be a good spot.

5.  Gauteng/North West/Mpumalanga:  Still open for suggestions.

So there it is.  Let's see what happens.    :thumleft: :thumleft:

:ricky: :ricky: :ricky: :ricky: