WSBK 22

Wild Dog Adventure Riding

Help Support Wild Dog Adventure Riding:

SabreF86

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS
Toprak's 3 wins this weekend has thrown the competition wide open. I honestly have no idea who will win the championship this year. Johnny, Toprak or Alvauro.
Last year a lot of discussion centered around Yamaha's cross-plane crank delivering power in such a way that the rear tyre last longer than the other riders'. Up 'till this weekend, it didn't look to be a factor, yet this weekend Toprak's winning margins were significant. It looks like, once they have sorted the Yammie's problems, the advantage of that crank is real

RobD

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Zundapp (all models)
WSBK is brilliant this year, as it was last year..... Prefer it to MotoGP at the moment.

If Rinaldi doesn't perform this year I think Bassani has a peek at the factory ride....

Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
The skill and discipline of bike racers, whether MotoGP ot WSBK, continue to amaze me.

Granted, there are complex electronic aids, but to restrict the red mist whilst racing shoulder to shoulder at 300kmph is way beyond what I can even try to do. ( I have scared myself spitless at Zwartkops)

This level of skill is to my mind way beyond the prima donnas in their carbon fibre tubs, and their lawyers, in what has become Formula 1.

RobC

Not a bachelor.
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
The skill and discipline of bike racers, whether MotoGP ot WSBK, continue to amaze me.

Granted, there are complex electronic aids, but to restrict the red mist whilst racing shoulder to shoulder at 300kmph is way beyond what I can even try to do. ( I have scared myself spitless at Zwartkops)

This level of skill is to my mind way beyond the prima donnas in their carbon fibre tubs, and their lawyers, in what has become Formula 1.
The Supersport class is Dominated by a proffesor is strategy.:coffee:

SabreF86

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS

What is Formula 1 ?.......

Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
What is Formula 1 ?.......
It used to be a racing style but now we have a pit crew competition to change tyres so that a ridiculously overpaid, politically correct, prima donna can steal a march on his cronies and claim a win.

blockheadxl650v

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
Steven Odendal is back in the 600 class. Started 18th and ended on the podium in P3. Nice to have some skin the game again.
Lets see what he can do tomorrow. He was a tad lucky today with a big crash causing a number of DNF's but he showed good speed and race craft.

SabreF86

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS
Yea, I was impressed with Steven. In a full field he should be a constant top 10 finisher .
The main race was brilliant

TheBear

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Steven Odendal is back in the 600 class. Started 18th and ended on the podium in P3. Nice to have some skin the game again.
Lets see what he can do tomorrow. He was a tad lucky today with a big crash causing a number of DNF's but he showed good speed and race craft.
Sadly, only back as a replacement rider for the usual rider. Probably only this race, if the normal rider heals soon.

Stephen is doing well in both Spanish SBK and World Endurance Racing.

TheBear

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
The Supersport class is Dominated by a proffesor is strategy.:coffee:
Up to the point of faking injury like a soccer player in an attempt to have the race red flagged. Silly boy. This is not soccer, so he sat out the next race for his sins.

SabreF86

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS
Up to the point of faking injury like a soccer player in an attempt to have the race red flagged. Silly boy. This is not soccer, so he sat out the next race for his sins.
Aaah, Nigel Owens now involved in WSBK..... :ROFLMAO: