• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

XR650R for sale in Cape Town

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustBendIt

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
There is a XR650R available for sale in Muizenberg in Cape Town

It is a 2002 model with 7300 km on it

check out some pics here

https://capetown.gumtree.co.za/c-Cars-for-Sale-scooters-motorcycles-motorbikes-Honda-XR650R-W0QQAdIdZ97243166

I went to see the bike yesterday afternoon and this is what I think

- cosmetically it is rather tatty as it has been stored under a tarp outside. spokes and steel bits are covered with surface rust and all the aluminium bits have that lekker grey coastal corrosion. plastics are a little faded but everything is there.

- mechanically it seems good. bike runs strong and wheelies lekker through the gears. needs sprockets and chains soon and brake pads front and rear. owner told me that the head has been off twice - once with the previous owner for reason unknown and once with him to cure a rattle caused by the cam. bike has some old but decent TKC knobblies on. owner has a few spares included in the sale - some original new spokes for both wheels, new brake pads for both wheels and 2 spare used tyres and 2 taillight lenses

- all electrics work including indicators etc so should pass RWC without a problem

Owner has advertised it for R38 000 but says he will accept no less than R34 000 - I don't want it cos I don't like tatty bikes but I must admit it is one helluva machine

Call Tommy on 079 183 9375 if you are keen - he seems to be a lekker oke who is looking for an Africa Twin or Transalp to do some touring on