Bike
Triumph (all models)
Did you follow the build? Quite a nice weapon that

DirtyTeNeRe

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha T7
does anyone know the latest colour scheme? there was a black one, a blue one and white one, I understand the latest (in the current batch) blue one to have that white TENERE signature on the tank?

Chrisl

Teelhond
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
T7 seems a great bike and everyone that has one love them buy now because the prices will go up even further more in the very near future. ☹️

Adrian Bac

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha Super Tenere
Some on here still go on about the price of the T7. Economics 101 dictates that the market ultimately determines the price of the commodity. Below a graph of mid weight adventure bike sales from Dec 2020 (when T7 was launched in S.A.) to date. You decide............................................

Attachments

• Mid ADV MKT.png
    Mid ADV MKT.png
    54.7 KB · Views: 2

Adrian Bac

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha Super Tenere
does anyone know the latest colour scheme? there was a black one, a blue one and white one, I understand the latest (in the current batch) blue one to have that white TENERE signature on the tank?
These three colour options

Attachments

• T7 blue.png
    T7 blue.png
    278.9 KB · Views: 2
  • T7 White.jpg
    T7 White.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 0
  • T7 black.jpg
    T7 black.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 1

tau

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT 750 Z Super
The way it climbs those hills just shows how good a motor that CP2 is, no traction control or ride modes needed. I see it even towed a Sherco out of the trail
As i mentioned on my ride report in Australia last year the T7 just torques over dunes and thru mud like a charm. It is this same ability that made me love the Africa twin.

2-3 gear over dunes without any effort. That CP2 motor is great

sidetrack

Gentleman Dog
Reaction score
Some on here still go on about the price of the T7. Economics 101 dictates that the market ultimately determines the price of the commodity. Below a graph of mid weight adventure bike sales from Dec 2020 (when T7 was launched in S.A.) to date. You decide............................................
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Striggs

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha T7
are these numbers for SA? had no idea that many bikes even landed on our shores.. eye opener for sure.

katana

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha T7
The 790 and 890 numbers should be combined to be fair. Still impressive.

BuRP

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR650R

Thank you for that chart.
Yes, correct indeed, the T7 is too costly only in SA due to the importer - which is also reinforced by your own graph which has the 790 and 890 split into two.
This aint fair because the 790 morphed into the 890, so these figures should be added - and when that would be done the T7 would be dethroned sales-figure wise.
But this is a Yammie fred so by all means gloss over this......

sidetrack

Gentleman Dog
Reaction score
Jeez sommer add the 790S as well while you are at it :p Not that that ugly duckling sold much

sidetrack

Gentleman Dog
Reaction score
Lots of stock shortages too as I remember so sales would have been even higher if you could get your hands on one. Nee wat T7 is tops, hom oral al bewys. What a Legend

LouisXander

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure
The T7 has also been around the longest with the exception of the 1000AT Adrian.

Are those SA only numbers?