Yamaha T7 - No longer a Concept

Wild Dog Adventure Riding

Help Support Wild Dog Adventure Riding:

Dwerg

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph (all models)
Must not be selling very well in other countries as per economics 101. Or is that marketing bs 101? I’m not an economist, I get confused. I did manage to pass interpreting dashboards 0.1 though. So far nobody else seems to have that prestigious qualification.

Dwerg

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph (all models)
The 790 managed to sell quite well considering it was released two years prior the timeframe and discontinued 6 months into it. That’s actually fucking amazing. If I were better at economics 101 I’d use the sales figures from Jan 2019 to Jan 2021 to prove that ktm is better

Salty950

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1290 Super Adventure
The 790 managed to sell quite well considering it was released two years prior the timeframe and discontinued 6 months into it. That’s actually fucking amazing. If I were better at economics 101 I’d use the sales figures from Jan 2019 to Jan 2021 to prove that ktm is better
Pity they're blowing up and also ugly AF

Altie7deLaan

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
Economics 101 are typical terms a dealer or fanboy will use to justify a price tag.
Common sense 101 is what everyone else use to decide a price tag is justified.

I would buy the MT-07 in a heartbeat over here.

Brendan

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha T7
I think instead of bashing the T7 buyers, we should be happy there is more choice for us riders - also in future when the second hand T7 market kicks in properly. Personally I rationally justified my emotional decision by telling myself I would be likely paying less in repairs and maintenance in the long run (not knocking, just knowing what my KTM/BM friends have spent or had to deal with), plus the resale value of second hand T7s at the time was the same as new, so that bodes well for future resale value hopefully. Also, there has been a price increase on these globally in 2022, but not in SA, so the dollar pricing that people are actually paying overseas is now the same as what we are paying here. But whatever, it's an amazing bike (no regrets) and I managed to justify it quite successfully. Don't dent my thinking now!

Altie7deLaan

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
Nobody bashing any T7 buyers. You cant go wrong buying this bike.
I simply fall in the stupid category that think this bike is not worth 200k (to me).
Its an opinion, and some will not agree with it.

Dwerg

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph (all models)
Most of us really love the T7 and would actually still pay for it. Not bashing the bike or the owners. But if you ask if people think it’s overpriced, you’re going to get some answers either way. Somehow people take it personally or see it as criticism of the platform which it’s not.

Altie7deLaan

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
Exactly.
Many people have bought a T7 local (and will) and are very happy with it.
No need to justify your buy (jou vrou gaan elk geval dalk dink jy mors julle geldjies...:))
Just go and enjoy it.

sidetrack

Gentleman Dog
Reaction score
Land Cruisers en Hilux is overpriced vir wat jy kry maar hulle verkoop by die duisende, seker ook n klomp dom mense wat hulle koop. Ek hoor die nuwe 890 se gadgets gaan net werk vir 1200km dan moet jy weer ekstra betaal om dit terug te kry :ROFLMAO: Kan sommer selfde tyd dit laat unlock as jou shock vervang word.

tau

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT 750 Z Super
Hoekom praat die KTM manne so baie hier???????

Moet julle nie loop olie kolle skoonmaak en seëls vervang nie?

Tweedens waar kom julle aan die invoerder se prys is verkeerd. EK het nou al tweekeer die Aussie pryse hier gepost wat dieselfde as ons pryse is.

Derdens 'n KTM 500 exc kos nou R178 000 maar julle is so blind van die oranje glare van die KTM stickers op jou Hilux dat julle dit nie raaksien nie. Dan het hy nie fan, map switch of spill bottle op nie dit is extra.

As die KTM 790 en die 890 nou saam getel moet word tel ons dan die 790 engine grenades ook saam?????

Ek het gedog die KTM vs GS debat was erg, maar hier wys die KTM ryers ons dat hulle eintlik keyboard ridders is.

tau

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT 750 Z Super