Spot the Canola..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Piston Pete

Teach Peace
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Thanks to the organisers & all the helping hands :thumleft: The lunchtime stop came in the nick of time...the food was excellent & generous!
The roads were in to perfect condition but at least there was very little dust. The countryside looks stunning at this time of the year....but nary a Canola flower to be seen.........or did i miss something? ;D
There was a lot of Orange though...
...and a certain Mr Trailnaaier passed through to...

Attachments

• Canola Run 2010 073.jpg
    Canola Run 2010 073.jpg
    174.2 KB
  • Canola Run 2010 072.jpg
    Canola Run 2010 072.jpg
    181.2 KB
  • Canola Run 2010 078.jpg
    Canola Run 2010 078.jpg
    166.4 KB
Hey Pete! It was nice having you lot in Hermanus.    :)

Yes the Canola run was great again and well attended as usual. Thanks to everyone for the arrangements.  :thumleft:

Thanks to all the organizers for a great event as usual.
And thanks to the farmers who let us ride through there farms , making a lot of noise.The Canola Fields are looking very good this year.

It was nice to a different route this year. And also so many bikes.
I think the KTM`s nearly got outnumberd by Hitlers Revenge( BMW) this year.

Keep it up Caledonians !

I was trying to keep up with the 2 Ktm`s in front of me , sorry no pics !
BUT n[]VA has got some mean Video clips

Thanks to all the organisers, and particularly the farmers, who made this event posssible. It was really great being able to ride all over that lushisly green  country side like we did. I trust we did NOT dissapoint the farmers and organisers. The those who made the food, that chicken mean was spot on. The food was MAGIC, and the company was great.
I for one will definately try to be there again next year, and enjoy the kuir with you CT guys.  :biggrin: I will post pics tomorrow from my office.

Had a flipping great weekend, one for the books I think  :mwink:

oh the canola run was fun too  :laughing4:

So (obviously) I am safe home n all, the drz didn't make it though. judging by the sounds its made while going through newlands and the feel of my poor babe I'd say the engine is a write off  :-\
Will find out during the week if its fixable though I am half way tempted to source another engine and keep the rest of the bike.

Will post up the vids and pics over the course of the week but for now I plan to spend the night soaking in the tub  :thumleft:

N[]va, build an RZ350 engine into the DRZ.
I heard that a Big BMW gave one of our Husqvarna-mounted Wilddogs a BIG fright? What's the story?

2 Stroke Dan said:
I heard that a Big BMW gave one of our Husqvarna-mounted Wilddogs a BIG fright? What's the story?

wasn't me so I'll stay quiet. there were TWO Huksy riding dogs on the ride!!!! can you believe it?

Attachments

• DSC02070.jpg
    DSC02070.jpg
    183.1 KB
:laughing4: oh no, they're multiplying  :laughing4:

thanks to the organizers, was a great day  :thumleft: 

I am so sorry i missed this one,my Volvo dumped its turbo on the way back from kakamas and left me high and dry in Vredendal. :' :'((waited two days for a new one and guess what it was not the correct unit.Eventually got home via tow truck with the car.Missed the EC re group bash. :-[ :-[.

2 Stroke Dan said:
The Big Husky rider wasn't the only rider being endangered,the man could hardly keep his bike steady in a corner.BUT the Big Husky Rider read him his rights and gave him a Black flag.