• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

BMW X-Challenge Touratech R64,900

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxThePanda

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Vespa (all models)
Very much in two minds about this, but all good things need to come to an end and the lure of new pastures is strong in me.

2008 X-Challenge
29,000kms (30,000 kms major service done, new wheel bearings etc.)
Touratech fairing and tank (27l total - range 500+km - I've seen 700 when tootling along)
HID headlights
Wilbers progressive springs and front end overhaul by Martin Paetzold
Alloy bashplate
Custom luggage rack
2-stage Unifilter foam air filter
Wild at heart bar raisers (not the Rox raisers on the pix - I'm keeping those) and brake/gear levers
Leo Vince pipe
Custom rebuilt seat for long distance comfort
Plumbed in hella (for GPS) and cigarette lighter power
TKC front/Mitas E07 back
Various Hyde guards
A face any parent would love:

X3.jpg

X8.jpg

X7.jpg

X6.jpg

X5.jpg

X4.jpg

X1.jpg

X2.jpg

I've had the bike four wonderful years. It's a unique thing, and pretty far removed from the original bike - more relaxed and comfortable than the 690, lighter and much more capable offroad than the Dakar, Tenere, F800 or other options. I'd say it's best as a long distance rough road tourer.

It's super economical (generally 3.5-4l/100km) and is happy sitting at 140 on the highway, but the rougher the road, the better this thing is. This bike has been well looked after - and is in great condition. There are one or two scrapes from some small spills on the tank, but it's polyprop and designed to take a beating, so there was no point in putting crash bars on.

Selling it gives me the heebie-jeebies but I think it's time for something new, yeah.

R64,900
zero83-four455210 or PM me.
ciao, Ian

(SORRY - NO SELLING SEPARATELY PARTS OFF THE BIKE)