• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

A serious long distance adventure bike for sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 2762

Pack Dog
Reaction score
1986 XL600LMF km 33000. Purchased as a project bike for the winter, never saw it (other than photo's on gumtree) nor rode it, waited two weeks for it to arrive from Durban.
The conclusion was, it been 28 years old, it would keep me busy for the winter. Well it arrived in very good condition for it's age, everything and I mean everything thing was original even the tubless rims (see how far behind BMW where) except the rear flickers. Stuck the key in and started (has a happy button) . The bloody thing runs like a mouse with slippers on.
I replaced the front fork slide bushes,oil seals, dust covers, swing arm chain slider, clutch inner cable,checked and greased steering and suspension link bearings everthing first class. There is no evidence the motor has ever been touched, so I did the tappets, new plug, oil and filter, air filter,  and then roadworthy.
I have been using it as a commuter for about 3000 km, the damn thing is a hooligan machine and I have achieved 600 km on its 28Lt tank. There nothing more it needs but when I use my klr I miss the screen because the wind blast on the chest and peak helmet gets to me. I was thinking of respraying it but it would lose it's originality. So I have decided to put it up for sale it has all the paperwork. I'm in PE, people can get Jupiter or Track @ Tar to test ride or give advice or you can phone me Paul 0829290377.  I have a set of new sprockets and chain which is included I have mounted a used top box. I think R25000.00 is a fair price. 

Attachments

• DSC_0119 resize.jpg
    DSC_0119 resize.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 1,597
  • DSC_0118 resize.jpg
    DSC_0118 resize.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 1,600
  • DSC_0116 resize.jpg
    DSC_0116 resize.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 1,593