Help! KTM 990 Adventure R (2009) Problem....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Hi,

I would really appreciate it if someone would be able to help/assist me with a problem that I have had over the weekend with my KTM 990.

I bought the bike last week and took it for a ride this weekend to Paternoster. The bike has full service history at KTM Cape Town and has 17 000 km on now.

Anyway..... Left Cape Town and about 90km later the bike just cuts out... Happened while I was driving like 130 km/h. I was busy driving and the bike just cutted out, I pulled the clutch so that I can stop without the bike being in gear etc... Pulled over made a call or 2 and lifted the bike onto the main stand... This was about 10-15 mins later, the FI light went on when I switched the bike on and it flashed 1xlong and 6x short (I guess) don't know if I'm 100& correct on that one... I googled the FI error while sitting next to the road and saw it was throttle valve sensor circuit... I just waited like another 15 mins and the FI light was gone, started the bike and drove to Paternoster.

Nothing funny happened again, drove around the town and when I left today, 10km of driving it happened again, the the oil light came on...threw oil in, waited 15 mins again and the bike started... Then every +- 40 km the bike cutted out again.

Basically, while Im driving the bike just cuts out..... Its kinda scary when it happens while driving, then Il wait 10mins and the bike will start again........

Im really confused and don't know what it can be, will take the bike in in the week but any suggestions or advice will really be appreciated...

Regards
Mike