• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Valeo 4 Starter for sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JacoM

Race Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS HP2
I have a brand new Valeo 4 stater for sale. This is the upgrade starter for the lightweight installed into the HP@ and I believe the 1200GS'e came out with them. (Easy to google and confirm this..)

The history.
Up to mid 2014 I had "warm start" issues on my previous HP2. I ordered this Valeo 4 from USA. Before it was delivered though, a HP2 in "as new" became available in P-E. I gave in to temptation and bought it.

The Valeo 4 was installed for one weekend to test and trial it. It does make a difference as it has  30% more Torque than the original starter. The new starter was not part of the sale, so I removed it after only one weekend in the bike.
It is shiny new still... (Can email a photo if interested.)
It cost met R3200 with shipping and tax included.
With the poor ZAR in mind, I think R2800 is a fair price
My cell : zero82eight25179zero.

This starter will fit into quite a few BMW bikes - google it!

Attached the comments from the Supplier

JACO-

The old Valeo D6RA starter was designed in the 1986, and utilized as original equipment as first fitment on passenger vehicles and BMW motorcyles in 1988.

It was a very reliable design starter used by Volkswagen ,Audi ,BMW cars,Mercedes , Peugeot, Renault, and many other vehicle and engine manufacturers.

Unfortunately it was not up to the rigors of a horizontally opposed twin cylinder engine as used the BMW motorcycle range due to the vibration inherent in the engine.

The 2nd Generation of this VALEO starter size ,
D6G2, as used on BMW motorcycle since 2005, is longer in size and more robust in internal design.

Hope that helps with your confidence ;

Thank you again for your business.

Best Regards,
John Rayski
Euro MotoElectrics