Height adjustable screen fitted to 800GS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Losper

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
I am 189cm tall and the BMW touring screen did not give enough protection againt the wind. There was a huge improvement after I fitted the Z-Technik 20inch screen but I was still not 100% happy since there was still a small amount of buffeting around the helmet . I then decided to make my own "laminar lip" with perspex and fit it to the screen with a height adjustable bracket.

The lip "slides" up and down on 8 x screws. The screen is solid and stays in it's position because the nylon washers ( 2 per screw ) adds just enough resistance.
I have taken the bike up to 160km/h and the screen works 100%. I can ride comfortably with an open visor up to that speed. The added bonus is the HUGE inprovement in windnoise and there is absolutely no buffet,  what so ever.
I was not sure how the Z-Technic screen will cope with the added windresistance and for that reason I have added 3x braces. The whole system works brilliantly.

DSCF1667.jpg

DSCF1664.jpg

DSCF1664.jpg

DSCF1657.jpg