• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1999 Honda Varadero for sale - SOLD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boertjie

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
My trusty 1999 Honda Varadero XL1000V for sale.

I bought this bike as a code 3 (rebuilt) bike from a buddy 3 years ago with 29,000 on the clock. I've done 31,000 in the last 3 years with ZERO problems... just the normal service every 6,000 kms... all done by Honda Helderberg. 60,000 km just done. Now 60,300 on the clock. Unfortunately I did not receive a service book with the bike, but Honda can verify services after I got it.

Extras...
Laser Deep Tone pipes (sounds great... just like Rat's Terminator) with OEM pipes also available for free;
Crash-bars;
Givi Topbox;
High screen;
Seat has just been re-upholstered after I hooked it with a boot.
I've bought but not fitted a full set of brake pads, right rear indicator and Right front indicator cover.

Yes, I had a fall with it... on the way to the Hoggsback Bash 2007. 7 other WDs as witnesses. Got up, had the handlebar and footpeg replaced by Honda in George and drove on to HB and back to Cape Town.

I've been riding with the bike as is after the fall since then. Had it through a roadworthy test 2 years ago (after the fall) when I eventually transfered it to my name and did my license... passed all tests in current state.

This bike sells in the trade for R49,000. I have costed the repairs by Len at LA Panel in Strand at R5,500 all in... any colour you want for all the panels and the tank to be cleaned, minor repairs done and repainted.

I am asking (reduced to) R30,000 now not too negotiable, but make me an offer. Piccies below. The last two shows the damage to the right side panels... the one I fell on. One piccie with original scratches and the other after my manual cover-up repairs with Pratley putty and Red/Black permanent coci's.

WDBVARADERO3.jpg

WDBvaradero6.jpg

VARAMIRRORS.jpg

damagepre.jpg

damageafter.jpg