FITTING SHOCKBOOTS ON A F650GS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spokie

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
Searched the forum but couldn't find what I was looking for and I'm sure there must be information on "how to fit shockboots" already.  :-\

I have some shockboots I want to fit on my bike, the problem is that I do not have a bike lift and/or similar workshop equipment. I do have the necessary tools required, to loosen nuts and bolts (obviously) of many shapes and sizes and my bike has a centre-stand fitted (at least).
I have already foreseen the predicament in the forks which need to be removed when fitting the boots. For the space needed to get them out of their housing will not be provided by a centre-stand alone, naturally... To provide enough clearance maybe some bricks under the stand would do (very dodgy) or what about hoisting it up the side-walk tree in front of my house (maybe less dodgy if one knows what one is doing - If I do this I'll definitely post some pickies  ;D)..?  :mwink:

So how do one go about this... fitting the boots that is.  :p