1150 GSA Fuel Eruption when opening the Filler Cap

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ysterman

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS Adventure
Had my WTF moment on a lazy afternoon just now ...

I've noticed previously a fuel leak after filling up the GSA, wasn't sure where so decided today I'm going to investigate ...

Filled up, about 25l (only last strepie on on fuel gauge) - not to the brim, just the neck.  Parked on centre stand in garage & went on with some other stuff.  Then, wanted to go check something else ion the garage, when I heard this snake like hissing sound from the scooter.  Figure it was the fuel - but wasn't sure why, didn't overfill it ... so decided lets release some of the pressure ...

:angryfire:

Guess about half a liter fuel erupted from the tank ... spilling all over the bike ...  :angryfire:

The GSA puked properly!  Seriously irritated & trying to wash the bike & the garage floor, I throw down the hosepipe with a handheld gun type grip ... it landed on the "trigger" & starting shooting water all over the garage with the hosepipe snaking all over the bloody floor ...

My worst mistake of the day was however not having any beer left in the fridge to "cool" down ...

What just happened here  ???