1190 MISFIRE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEON 1190

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
Maybe you have experienced the same , or have the technical savvy to make a suggestion . I have a strange "problem' If I can call it that . My bike has a intermittent misfire. Could be that my teabag filter is close to needing replacement , or plugs , Yes I am close to the 60k major service .

But let me explain , on the 1st of January I was on my way home , riding from Mosselbay to my pitstop in Colesberg , did 3000 odd k on my trip down and then a ride to Saldana , no problems at all , bike ran like a Swiss , sorry Austrian watch :) , now problems , Hauling ass up the N9 and its super hot , around 35 degrees , sat at about 150+ the last bit from Noupoort to Colesberg , bike purring along. Slow down into Colesberg and then stopped in the main road to try and find the direction to my stop for the night , checking map on my phone , start up and pull off , and the bike sounds like its running on one cylinder , rev rev and it eventually clears . Find my accommodation , remove the luggage , back on bike to fins some place to eat and the bike starts and runs fine , chance to cool down .Eat , shower , go to sleep early . up at 2 am , decide to ride , fill up the bike , and hit the N1 , Bike running smooth no misfire ,early morning temps ,low but not cold .
This past Saturday, I take the bike for a ride, put in some fuel , and on my return home , misfire , not bad , but there .
I think back , as I slowed down in to Colesberg my fuel was low and it was super hot , Saturday , low fuel and hot . could this be a contributing factor to the misfire ? Hot outside temps and low fuel in tank , I know petrol is used to cool the pump . So with low fuel , two bars can this happen . When tank is over 50% full , no problems at all.
I have run the tank low on many occasions on a trip , never empty , As a side note , close to home on Monday morning 2 Jan , I had the low fuel warning come on , temps cool , no misfire .
Would my diagnosis be correct that its not the tea bag , but just very hot outside temps , and low fuel that causes the misfire . Maybe a bit of fuel vapor?