• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale 1981 Honda XL250S - project bike

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kobus Myburgh

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 640 Adventure
If you're keen on a project this might make sense to you.

Frame number states it's a '79, but registered in '81. The bike is complete apart from the battery cover.

I have not taken photos of everything yet and will gladly do so if there's sufficient interest, since it's stripped completely.

IMG_20230113_203732_(3000_x_1350_pixel).jpg

The bike is registered in my name, license up to date and data dotted.

Frame is powder coated, rims powder coated, hubs and other bits restored, brand new piston, rings, gaskets etc., (Note motor is stripped) new bearings, new tyres blah blah blah ......

Shocks pretty much fubar. On the other one I own I imported awesome ones from Japbikespares in the land down under.

I will go into more detail as I remember the status and check my dreaded spreadsheet if there's interest.

I just remembered the seat is re-upholstered and I spent a portion of the kids inheritance on the tank refurbishment, which looks fantastic.

Shout if this tickles your fancy and I'll make an effort to put some detail to it. Keep it on the thread if you don't mind since I'm useless with answering PM's lately and I don't have to repeat myself.