2 day bash Limpopo next year thoughts wanted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tagsy

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Gents,(and Ladies)

This is a little feeler (not the type you are hoping for)
A couple of weeks ago Malibu and myself did a 70km Enduro like ride along the Limpopo. There is a trip report with pix etc. on trip reports

I was speaking to the guy who organises the 4x4 funday which this route was a part of, designated for quads. Malibu and Myself rode the only two DS bikes that day the rest were plastics.

This ride was one of the most scenic I’ve done in a while. And one of the most enjoyable.

I will get to the point , I asked him if it was possible to maybe organise a route for DS bikes something like 200km on the first day and maybe 150km the next day. These routes would be over and through Private reserves in the area, through a wide range of different environments, sand gravel etc. plenty of wildlife etc.

The Funday has been a growing success over the couple of years its been running the organisation has also improved, with a bar, music and plenty of food stalls. The organisers are charging to cover costs, any money they make over has been given to the SPCA and local elderly association.

There will be a cost involved, this whole funday is mainly aimed at the 4x4 market offroading etc.. We could possibly get one of the DS bike agents to set up a stall and maybe sponsor some bits and pieces.

There are campsites and ablutions etc.

So what we are looking at is

2 day DS route +_ 400km in Private bushveld game reserves
Campsite with ablutions
Music
Bar

Any thoughts ?