QUICK FIX RR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEON 1190

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
Taking a ride down to clarence does not warrant a ride report , its a well known destination , but thought I would share some incites . Departed on Friday afternoon , and dew to not being sure if the Frankfort - Reitz roadworks has been completed and my friend was on his S1000RR , we decided to go the Heilbron route , some potholes between Salsolburg and Heilbron , bur easy to evade .
I left as he was caught up at the office and was not sure what time he would be able to depart , so my weekend started with a solo ride . It was hot but I enjoyed the ride , was going to stop in Heilbron for a cold drink , but then remembered that Petri mentioned the Q4 STOP in PETRUS STEYN and this was only 40 k away , so on I rode . nice clean stop. Received a message that friend was in Vereeninging , and on his way . Decided to wait , took him just over a hour to get to me . Made our way to Clarence .
Next morning we filled tanks and headed for Lesotho . en route I had a chance to sample his RR , very nice and smooth power , My GSXR1000 K6 feels way more brutal ;)
Border crossing was a breeze both sides . With the start of the new dam being built at POLIHALI , there are many trucks transporting gear up the mountain , and this is damaging the road that has needed repairs for some time , so plenty potholes and sand in places , took it easy .
When we got to the top of the pass , it was still early and decided to go the extra15 kilos to Oxbow lodge in hope to get a drink . Arrived at the lodge and the had a fully stocked bar & cold drinks to choose . enquired if the served breakfast and to our surprise the did . so we had breakfast with our cold drinks . checked out the accommodation as well for future reference , from what I saw it was clean , room has one bathroom and a double bed , upstairs another 2 double beds , and they charge per person sharing . so good for a couple or 3 guys sharing , maybe more if you dont mind sharing a bed :ROFLMAO: .
After breakfast we made our way back , plan was to turn of and ride the new tar road to Monatsa pass , but this turned out a bust as the road is only done for about 10 kilos , then there is roadworks , think it will be donr in a couple of months , we turned back as taking a chance with the road bike was not an option .
TEMP was touching 30 degrees , made our way back to Clarence for some cold liquid refreshments .
all in all it was QUICK FIX !