• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2004 Transalp 650 for sale *** Feeler ***

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrailBlazer

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XL650V Transalp
Guys... in May I cooked the engine in my car,and I'm now looking at a healthy whack of bucks to replace / rebuild it.

I'm putting out a feeler to see what interest there would be in my bike; details as follows

2004 Transalp 650

Approx 75000km

Piug touring screen  -  spare original screen to be thrown in as well

Touratech pannier racks and (I think they are) 32l boxes

Touratech crashbars

Givi topbox (just a bit too small for a helmet)

DNA re-usable air filter

X-ring chain and sprockets replaced +- 4000km back.

Fork seals and neoprene fork covers replaced about 4000km back

Cigarette lighter socket fitted to "dashboard"

Front tyre reasonable  / Rear tyre would have to be replaced soon

The bike is old and used but has been serviced regularly. There are a few small scuff marks on the tank, from a tank-bag, and one or two scratches on the crash-bars and fairing, from where the bike fell over. The seat has a small tear (1cm) where my boot hooked on it, and there are a few small cracks on the one front edge.

I'm looking in the region of R35 000, but this is slightly negotiable. I would prefer to sell as a complete unit, and not strip the crashbars / pannier frames etc from the bike.

If there is serious interest I'll post some pics, but right now I'm trying to feel the market. (Also need to wash the bike  :biggrin: as it's a bit dusty right now)

Hell, a diesel engine is expensive to rebuild...