• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2008 KTM 300 For Sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stormjp

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
Hi All

I have been lurking here for a while and actually bought the bike off an advert on e-dirt forum.
Bike was sold to me as a 300XC-W, but after checking with KTM, found out it is actually a 300XC, according to engine and frame number – does not have electric start.

PDF available on request on what has been spent so far with all slips/invoices to prove
Model: 2008 KTM 300XC
Hours: UNKNOWN, however, has done less than 10 hours since rebuild.

New TrailTech Vapor Speedo (fitted with rebuild)
New Plastics and Fork protectors (Polisport)
New Sticker Kit
New handguard plastics (Cycra)

New Piston (Wiseco)
New Conrod (Hotrods)
Re-Nickasiled
Main Bearing Replaced and crank balanced
New Clutch Basket (Wiseco)
New waterpump cover and impeller.
New FMF Gnarly Header with existing FMF PowerCore 2 silencer (Old Header and Bash Plate to go with bike)

New wheel bearings and Spacers Front and Rear
New Front and Rear tyres, with UHD tubes. (19-inch rear wheel)
New front and Rear Sprocket (14t front, 48t rear)
New swingarm Bearings and Heim Joint
New air filter (Old one to go with bike) (TwinAir)

Various other small odds and ends - all old/replaced parts/plastics to go with bike.

HONESTY SECTION
After rebuild, first ride out, bike stopped and coolant came out from seals at head and cylinder – Bike was taken to KTM and found that threads in cylinder has stripped – was sent to engineering shop for threaded inserts and has been holding up ever since. Since front sprocket has been replaced, there is oil seeping through from behind sprocket. Will need to get a fork service.
The bike does not have any papers (I bought it without papers)

Price: R35 000 ONCO – Can be viewed in Centurion from Monday, 26 October onwards.

Photos can be viewed on link below:
https://www.e-dirt.co.za/viewtopic.php?f=257&t=34644