• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2008 Yamaha XT660R (black and gold) - 38500km - R37000 neg - sale withdrawn

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eisbein

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Yamaha XT660R
38500 km
R37 000 negotiable
PM, reply here or phone zero eight three 647 6347
Mail: wstemmet @ gmail.com

I bought this bike a couple of years ago to keep the kilometers of the GS for commuting and for an lighter bike for more technical things.
In the years that I had it I went to Struisbaai with it once, did the XT bash at Veltie's place, went to the Cederberg once and then used it for nothing other than commuting to work and back.

In light of my recent realization regarding the money I saved for a 4x4 and what it can buy I have decided to sell both this one and the GS, add a bit of cash to that and look for a low km GSA or Super Ten.

This bike have served me very well and is a joy to ride.
It has a very punchy engine and always make me smile.

It is in a good condition and comes with:
- A raised screen (Kappa)
- Aftermarket hand guards
- A very good 'cover all' bash plate
- A Kappa topbox
- Two keys and the red key
- Tyres are still very good

Mechanical history:
I got it at just over 20 000km and the book didn't mention a service, so I replaced oil, sparkplug and the oil- and air filters.
At 30 000km it went to Droomers (they replaced the chain and sprockets and checked to rear bearings and cush drive (found in order)
They also replaced a coolant impeller seal and the fork seals.

Issues:
The front brake feels like the disk needs a skim
Surface rust in two places on the frame (photos below) and also on a couple of spokes - nothing serious.
I got it with a small piece (the size of half a R5 coin) of the left sidecover missing (also photo below).

It has always been a joy, but at this stage it will make more sense to sell the XT and the GS and consolidate.

XT001.jpg

XT002.jpg

XT003.jpg

XT009.jpg

XT006.jpg

XT007.jpg

With topbox (cat not included):

XT008.jpg