• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2011 BMW 1200 GS Adventure For Sale - SOLD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garfield

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF 300L
2011 1200 GS Adventure with:

- 76500km - increases by about 70km daily
- All services done
- No problems during its life
- Had an accident in April, all items damaged replaced with new by Donford Motorrad (have details of repairs)
- Had a slow speed gravel off, left cylinder head guard scratched, nothing too serious
- Crash bars show spots rust (not the metal but the coating) - had these replaced under warranty twice then decided to just live with it
- Mitas E10 front and back, about 50%
- Had new plugs done recently at Helderberg Yamaha, so no need to do that at the 80000km service
- I do ride the bike reasonably hard, but then I still get 10000km + on a rear tyre so compared to others it has not been ridden hard at all
- It does not have the "poop scoop" behind the rear wheel, removed and donated to another WD some time ago
- Bike is in Melkbosstrand (after hours) or in Observatory (office hours)

Extras:

- Headlight/oil cooler cover with orange over main beam
- LED spots (Originals will go with bike)
- "Bigfoot" side stand extension
- Two finger levers (Originals will go with bike)
- Wild@heart aux power point on frame (fused, Hella female)
- Powerlet aux powerpoint on "dash" (fused, Hella female)
- Wide pillion pegs (I do not have the originals)
- Motorradical top box and panniers
- First aid kit mounted behind number plate
- Bigger after-market bash plate (original will go with bike

R99,000.00 with the extras

R95,000.00 excluding the extras listed above in bold

Price adjusted to allow for buyer doing 80000km service as well as a new rear tyre.

T's & C's of the sale:

- If someone makes an offer, no sale will happen until the potential buyer has inspected the bike and is comfortable with what he/she is buying
- Once an agreement is reached, I will take a photo of the odometer reading and post it here, at most that will increase by me riding the bike home from where I am at the time
- As soon as a contract has been drawn up and signed, I will take the bike to Helderberg Yamaha in Paarden Island (by trailer), park it there until the deal in concluded
- Once money has been transferred and cleared I will allow Yamaha to release the bike and paperwork
- The bike will remain covered by my insurance until released
- The bike will not be sold to anyone "unseen"
- Test rides could be arranged, but only for riders I know personally, or riders who have someone I know who can vouch for them

This to protect both buyer and seller and avoid issues later  :thumleft:

PM me for contact details.

IMG_5016_zpsa697f5a1.jpg

IMG_5079_zpsb062c536.jpg

Reason for sale: My gat jeuk - there is no rush with the sale, I am not unhappy with the bike at all.