• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2012 LML Star Deluxe (Vespa PX150 replica) SOLD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xchallenge

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Zero (all models)
I bought this awesome scooter in great condition from a young Doctor in Kimberley for R14 000.
It arrived exactly on the 19th June, via one of Manic's trucks.

This is the KICKSTART only model. No Electric start.

I've since spent a lot of man hours in the garage, giving this bike a lot of TLC, and spent a lot of money on it.

I've been hanging around some really cool vintage Vespa's owners lately, and today, while out on a ride, I bumped into someone who has a 1967 Vespa he wants to sell me. It's not the WRONG thing to do so soon after I bought this, but I think Im going to do it anyway.

(You only live once right?)

Now I just need to make back some money on this bike, and see what I can sell it for.
Some details below on what I have done to it, and the cost, and then Im asking you to please help me spread the word, this little scooter is awesome, I just want something a bit more "vintage" now than 2012.

- I've serviced the bike at 5 500km Oil change, Cleaned Air Filter, New Spark Plug (it currently clocked over to 6 000km today only)
- Replaced Indicator housing from the old crappy orange ones to the new clear coloured ones.
- Replaced the Tail Light housing to the chrome backed one.
- Replaced the grips with the chrome capped ones.
- Replaced the Horn cover with the chromed kind.
- Replaced the front fender crest with the chrome kind.
- Bought and installed the rear luggage rack.
- Replaced the foot brake rubber with a new one.
- Replace the kickstand rubber with a new one.
- Replaced the front cubby hold lock with a chrome one and new ket
- Replaced all the LML badges with original Vespa and Piaggio badges.
- Replaced all the wheel nuts with the chrome capped end ones.
- Painted the hubs black and the rims white.
- Replaced the cubby hole rubber stoppers with new ones.
- Replaced the carburettor gasket with a new rubber.
- Bought and installed a brand new Malossi aftermarket pipe and new jets for the carb.
- Replaced the Clutch cable.

I've kept all the Invoices etc for all the parts I've bought, and it basically works out that I spent almost R10k on extras.

I'd like to sell the bike for R18 000 with the Malossi pipe or R15 000 without it.
Anyone interested can contact me via PM, on this thread, or email me: Dinovdm (at) gmail.com 082 nine oh three 6881

PS:

The bike comes with a small tool set, the owners manual, but unfortunately no spare key was given to me when I bought it.
All paperwork is in order, was registered in my name recently, and the license disk is valid until June 2017.

[flash=1024,768]https://www.youtube.com/v/kOgjx-DLE6I&ab_channel=DinovanderMerwe[/flash]

Attachments

• Unknown-1.jpeg
    Unknown-1.jpeg
    224.4 KB · Views: 348
  • Unknown-2.jpeg
    Unknown-2.jpeg
    180.5 KB · Views: 331
  • Unknown-3.jpeg
    Unknown-3.jpeg
    203.3 KB · Views: 336
  • Unknown-4.jpeg
    Unknown-4.jpeg