2024 Zingela Bash

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oldest bike at the Zingela bash , well done Petri
View attachment 913031
I'm head over heels in love with her Louis....again🥰🥰😋
Sy "Prrrrrrrrrr" opdraandes uit, en "Krrrrrrrr" afdraandes af
Ek sit al klaar en verskoninkies uitdink vir ons volgende trippie...🤣
Sys rerig my ou ENGELTJIE😇😇😍

Oldest bike at the Zingela bash , well done Petri
View attachment 913031
Even the "oldest" bike had to stop for some needed seat repairs.
Luckily the platkar was there with cold beer and encouraging comments.
Petri Bierstop.jpeg

Even the "oldest" bike had to stop for some needed seat repairs.
Luckily the platkar was there with cold beer and encouraging comments.View attachment 913070
Ja Ja Ja:ROFLMAO:
Pappa het vergeet om daai 2 seat skroefies weer vas te draai nadat ek (OK OK Jomar:ROFLMAO:) haar airfiltertjie gediens het.
En Jomar HET vir my 30 keer gese ek moet onthou.
Wat ek obviously toe nou nie gedoen het nie.
Lekker Windhoek gewees, was actually MOER bly ek het inderdaad die goete vergeet, THANKS😉

Thanks Jon for an efficiently organized, adventuresome and very pleasant weekend. Nobody, least of all me, wanted to go on the outrides I’d planned but a few of us investigated an Earthcache a few hundred meters upstream of the Zingela boundary. Interesting potholes in the bedrock, and a drop stone and dolerite dyke in the mudstone cliff. And I’m not a dedicated twitcher but there seemed to be a profusion of Southern Bou-bou with their varied duet and single calls in the trees round the camps.

Well done, Ray (sorry if I’ve got your name wrong) for bucking the “bigger and knobblier “ trend. For some time I’ve been thinking how nice it would be to have automatic transmission and pick my way gently through the rocks instead of frantically slipping the clutch and coordinating the throttle on my DR to charge over them, risking a snake bite puncture and landing in the ditch. The Africa Twin has the dct but that advantage is outweighed by the enormous weight of the AT

Thanks Jon for an efficiently organized, adventuresome and very pleasant weekend. Nobody, least of all me, wanted to go on the outrides I’d planned but a few of us investigated an Earthcache a few hundred meters upstream of the Zingela boundary. Interesting potholes in the bedrock, and a drop stone and dolerite dyke in the mudstone cliff. And I’m not a dedicated twitcher but there seemed to be a profusion of Southern Bou-bou with their varied duet and single calls in the trees round the camps.
Thanks for coming to the bash Stu, nice to catch up with you again (y)

I enjoyed the prolific birdlife at Zingela. Was so lekker to wake up at first light, and sit in front of the tent with a mug of coffee watching all the small birds hunting inbetween the trees, waiting for the sun to peek over the hills. By Sunday I felt more relaxed than I'd been in quite some time (had a few stressful weeks leading up to the bash).

The weekend was just superb. 🤩

Well done, Ray (sorry if I’ve got your name wrong) for bucking the “bigger and knobblier “ trend. For some time I’ve been thinking how nice it would be to have automatic transmission and pick my way gently through the rocks instead of frantically slipping the clutch and coordinating the throttle on my DR to charge over them, risking a snake bite puncture and landing in the ditch. The Africa Twin has the dct but that advantage is outweighed by the enormous weight of the AT