• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale '23 KTM 500 EXC-F Six Days ~172hrs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuRP

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR650R
The '25 500 models are out now, a bit improved from the mostly-new '24 models - and both their engine & forks are what I want, so my '23 model is for sale now.

Mine is a 500 EXC-F Six Day, it is of course on the road with license up to date, and it has got ~172hrs on it.
The valve clearance was checked at 149hrs and were checked only, still no deviation from the prescribed settings.
Then also a new sparkplug was installed plus a new in-tank filter mounted.

The bike will be serviced, so new oil & filter plus a fresh airfilter, plus a brandnew chain & sprockets - a DID chain, TwinStar 51T rear sprocket (nicer than a Supersprox) plus a std 14T front.
In addition I will have the forks serviced by @Runner 's shop, Offroad Cycles in Pretoria, so new seals & oil etc.

As extras it has got....
- a 15L Acerbis tank
- a Golan quick-connect fuel filter
- a Scotts steering damper
- a Seat Concepts seat
- a Tail-Tidy from Taco Motor which does away with the std flickers, plus flashes the brake-light upon activating, and also has the optional LED-Flasher unit (all of this: https://tacomoto.co/products/tidy-tail-for-20-ktm-husqvarna-all-in-one-rear-light-by-taco-moto-co-1 )
- CarbonTeck protection on Clutch-cover, Stator-cover & Exhaust-header
- KTM wrap-around handguards
- stainless rectangular swivel-eyelets for luggage like Giant Loop etc
- Acerbis swingarm protectors
- a fold-away mirror
The std Tank plus the std Taillight-assembly (both in pristine new-condition) come with the bike of course.

Upon collecting the new bike I did remove all standard plastics and put white UFO-plastics on, with a sticker set I bought at KTM.
Thus I have the complete OEM-plastics in absolute-new condition - and will either put these on for the buyer if so wished, or will supply them in the UFO-box, all wrapped in plastic inside.

With the OEM-plastics mounted my bike will look like this...

IMG_5793.jpg

.... or like this if you want the OEM-plastics separate in a box...

IMG_1430.jpg

... and Yes, that's a small ding in the (UFO-) plastic you see there - the only one!

Ding.jpg

I have used this bike offroad of course, and it has seen Leshotho on a few tours a few times, ditto the Drakensberg, Transkei, Richtersveld, and recently I did a trip in Kaokoland in Namibia.
I have serviced this bike myself, religiously, new oil & filters every 15 hours - and yes, that includes doing this somewhere halfway the longer trips!

The bike currently is in Cape Town at a friend, but I will collect it when I get back home end of August - and then I will service it first and then sell it.

I want R145K for it.

Last edited: