6 day - Oukaapies na Augrabies (NorthCape)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just the last couple of pics through some rather interesting little areas. Kamassie down to Gariep via several passes and villages was quite lekka.

Also, our stop in this remote village to hand out some colouring books and puzzles again. Its always nice to give something, of value, to the less fortunate.
Builds on good acceptance and PR work for the next bikers to follow.

Then a little, crisps sandwich and baked beans pit stop, and off to Dooring baai.

Attachments

• IMG_0489.JPG
    IMG_0489.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_0482.JPG
    IMG_0482.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 200
  • P1000862.JPG
    P1000862.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_0483.JPG
    IMG_0483.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 203
Aah, Dooringbaai, always makes for good action and memories. Small little west coast dorpie with big heart.

Midons Pud, where my man George (also biker) and family operate, and where we are always well treated and accomodated, makes for a lekker end to and awesome trip.

I reserved a little bit of fun for the guys the next day riding down to Lambertsbaai via a little sand trail.

Attachments

• IMG_0492.JPG
    IMG_0492.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_0495.JPG
    IMG_0495.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 195
  • P1000868.JPG
    P1000868.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_0497.JPG
    IMG_0497.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_0508.JPG
    IMG_0508.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 194
Sandmonstrocity, mwhahaha.......

Attachments

• P1000877.JPG
    P1000877.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 189
  • P1000878.JPG
    P1000878.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 193
  • P1000879.JPG
    P1000879.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 192
  • P1000880.JPG
    P1000880.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 193
fixit said:
I bet the mates loved you for this little detour? ;D

:laughing4: ...and how do we know our friend(Mr i like to see you fall your mielie off).....never a boring moment ;D

dustsucker said:
fixit said:
I bet the mates loved you for this little detour? ;D

:laughing4: ...and how do we know our friend(Mr i like to see you fall your mielie off).....never a boring moment ;D

Take note of his laugh! And to think, I nearly got suckered into that piece. Sometimes it's a good thing when your bike breaks down. ;D ;D ;D

Hallo Manne
Wat n nice trip saam Simon en Frohan.
Manne wanneer is die volgende trippie,daai Klr staan en gaar
stof op in my garage.

Thanks manne vir n gr8 trip.
Groete
Kia - Rooistof

Great report and pics,well done to you all .Noticed a 2006 desert run t shirt,i was one of the medis on the trip.Will definetly sta at the hotel next time i am up that way. 8) 8)

Awesome report, thanks for sharing..........

Great report. I grew up in the Boesmanland, 7 km's from Augrabies. Doringbaai, Strandfontein, Donkinsbaai used to be our after the harvest, play golf and eat kreef  outing every year. It is an amazing place to travel to, Riemvasmaak and the lot.

I would like to see that guy plant Verneukpan......

Thanks guys for your interest! Always lekker to share experiences. ;)

Michnus - the oke in the blue is Frohan Visser, uit stellies uit. Quite a legend.

He is the oke that Pik Botha rescued from an Egyptian jail in 1994. He rode from here and entered into south Egypt via a not so popular post and was subsequently taken into custody as a 'spy'. His parents only found him some 2-3 weeks later and got the SA gov involved in the rescue.

The DR650 he rode still stands confiscated there somewhere.

They kept him as a money making racket. When a foreigner is imprisoned, the government has to pay an allowance to feed the prisoner. The cops know this and pocket the bucks, and he suffers. They told him this straight to his face!

Ya Stripes, die wes kus and noord kaap is vol lekker plekke en mense.

The oke in the blue shirt, on the left is Gawie. Lives in Doringbaai and is my connection for fixing anything. I wheelied his mates 450WR all the way down main rdto the cop shop the first time i visited this little town. Become a bit of a legend in this town.  :D