950 brakes AND shock AND ....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cracker

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure S
So, just got back from a long trip to Malawi and back and the bike is in a sorry state, so I figured I'd list the faults and see what known fixes are available, before I start stripping the bike.

Rear brake faded and can't be bled - seems the master cylinder is/was leaking. Is there a kit/upgrade or will new seals do the job?

Bike wouldn't start - found the pos battery lead to be nearly severed - did a roadside fix which worked but will need a proper solution. I think i had this problem before I left which is why I was struggling with the headlights.

Rear shock spat it's oil out in Malawi - was fun riding for a week with a pogo stick. Besides the shock needing TLC, I'm hoping I haven't damaged other bits. Can KTM do shock repairs or should I stick to Hilton, etc.?

Oil pressure light flickering intermittently at idle needs checking - but check what?

Violent headshake at about 60kph and lower speeds - cannot let go of bars while slowing down. Could be the loading of the bike for the trip, so will check this out. No headshake at speeds up to 180. I did not adjust any preloads for the trip.

My crashbar bags have scratched the paint on the tanks -  :( :( :( - can those guards on the 990 tanks be fitted to a 950?

That's it for now. It's back to work and I've got a million things to do ..................... luckily in no hurry to fix the beast  :thumleft:

Besides this lot, it was a great bike to take - loved it, and so glad I bought it. The Airhawk seat was a life-saver - I won't be doing any long trips without that thing again!!!