Help with a weave? Currently on a trip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadhawg

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
Norden Expedition with the XPlor suspension. Ok I know it’s a husky but it’s gotta be similar to the 890r

Bike felt as stable as a train on the highway on the Pirelli STR’s. Changed to the Mitas Enduro Trail XT+ front, Motoz ADV rear and it was very nervous on the highway initially but I put it down to needing a bit of run in.
Night before the trip I devise to add a bit of preload to the shock for that added weight. I discovered the shock was on zero preload. “Standard” setting should be 3 turns of preload. So I added 5 turns. (Checked the screw at the base of the shock and it seemed to be set correctly. I couldn’t get a screwdriver to the slot at the top/right of the fork to check those settings though)

I checked the forks Ave they were set to the “Standard” setting, so I added one click of preload as well.

The thing is pretty scary above say 125Kmh now on tar. Gets very weavey, especially if you cross the Centre little hump in a road.
Tyres are both 2.2bar cold.

I’m thinking of taking the added preload off the front and putting the rear back to 3 turns as well. Think that would be moving in the right or wrong direction?
Tyre pressures maybe?