A Ginger and a Porra Foreskin do KZN

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikie

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
The KZN Wilddogs bash was coming up and I really wanted to go, KZN is my favourite province its green, the weather is fantastic and the people are friendly. This was the perfect opportunity to do some exploring in areas I have never been to. I planted the seed with the Foreskins, two were far too busy with work, its not easy running your own companys. GingerBreadMan however, took the bait, hes been dying to get Oros on a trip again, having only done 6000km in more then a year of owning it was turning into a motorcyclist.

Stay tuned.....

I plotted the routes and included a few sights of interest, I always thought the Capies had it very lucky with all the mountain passes in their side of the world, never realising that the Banana boys have just as spectacular roads, if not better. And most of these passes aren’t documented, most probably nameless.
We left Jozi on Thursday 6 August, two days ride down, one day at the bash and two days back.
Day 1 – Midrand to Memel
tumblr_nt7magP9WY1tfnbvho7_1280.jpg

tumblr_nt7m3ejrbN1tfnbvho6_1280.jpg

woody1 said:
Eventually... shees that BM is slow !  :imaposer:

:laughing4: :laughing4:

Hey I have been busy, these things take time

DeeCeeBee said:
Gooi more Mikie
:sip:

Coming right up bud  :thumleft:

We had 382Km to cover, We met in Midrand at 8am, we had to deal with traffic out of Jozi and out through the far east.
It took us an hour to get to Springs and we were already hungry. I didn’t know Wimpy had roadhouses, maybe only in the Far East
tumblr_nt7mdccBCP1tfnbvho9_1280.jpg

From there is was through Nigel and we hit the dirt towards Greylingstad, easy riding farm roads all in good condition
tumblr_nt7mdccBCP1tfnbvho6_1280.jpg

tumblr_nt7mdccBCP1tfnbvho10_1280.jpg

tumblr_nt7mdccBCP1tfnbvho7_1280.jpg

tumblr_nt8mjaQyeE1tfnbvho1_1280.jpg

Before Standerton, the Ginger was already moaning about Oros’ brutality on his rear end.
I suspect he may have been checking for oil leaks while down there too
tumblr_nt7mdccBCP1tfnbvho4_1280.jpg

tumblr_nt7mdccBCP1tfnbvho5_1280.jpg

Mikie said:
We had 382Km to cover, We met in Midrand at 8am, we had to deal with traffic out of Jozi and out through the far east.
It took us an hour to get to Springs and we were already hungry. I didn’t know Wimpy had roadhouses, maybe only in the Far East

Yup - Wimpy Roadhouses - another one just opposite the Benoni Lake Golf Course next to the N12 - in case Springs is too far away....  :biggrin:

Even Brakpan has one... it on the East rand so that the wedding girl in her white tracksuits can have a meal in the car. :imaposer:

woody1 said:
Even Brakpan has one... it on the East rand so that the wedding girl in her white tracksuits can have a meal in the car. :imaposer:

So we can have breakfast, lunch & dinner as we head east!!  :eek7:  :thumleft:

woody1 said:

While we were there, even a local in His Chev Ute Pulled in, lekker loud and warm exhausts, we had no doubt about where we were

Mikie said:
woody1 said:

While we were there, even a local in His Chev Ute Pulled in, lekker loud and warm exhausts, we had no doubt about where we were

Probably my neighbour....  :imaposer:  :imaposer:  :imaposer:  :eek7:

Kewl keep the RR coming.  :ricky: :ricky:

But please next time you mention Ginger in the topic headline. Make sure I see some real nice Ginger like this please!!!

redhead_girl_green_eyes_62951_by_cobra69pl-d5s02c4.jpg

R-O-V-Rat said:
Kewl keep the RR coming.   :ricky: :ricky:

But please next time you mention Ginger in the topic headline. Make sure I see some real nice Ginger like this please!!!

redhead_girl_green_eyes_62951_by_cobra69pl-d5s02c4.jpg

:lol8: No he isnt near that pretty

More coming shortly, just editing some photos.....

Latest posts