A Platform For Your Tracks and Adventures

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hartebees

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha T7
Over the past decade or so I have collected and created quite a few riding tracks for Southern Africa. But I didn't have a good way of saving these and quickly referring back to them. I was looking for a better way to do this so I created a platform where I can upload and store these tracks. In the last couple of months I've added a few features which make it a useful track library:

- it plots the track and waypoints on an interactive map
- it automatically converts many different formats all to .gpx
- it creates an image that serves as a visual overview of the contents
- the track can be made public for others to view or be kept private if I don't want to share it with others
- using my own algorithm, it calculates an estimate for the ratio of tar/dirt for all the tracks using data from Open Street Maps and other sources.

I'm attaching a screenshot here where I've uploaded a few of the TET tracks to serve as example.

I'm considering opening this platform up and I'm now looking for people that would be interested in trying it out and providing feedback. If this is you, please send an email to [email protected].

Another part of the platform is logging your adventures, whether they are on a bike, in a car, on foot or bicycle etc. This is under active development and testers willing to provide feedback would be very welcome.

photo_2023-03-22 17.37.14.jpeg