A quick fun sand and mud ride: morsdag: weekend 8th Augie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lito

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 SE
So by popular consent and demand, lets have a mud riding session. I hope that those who got muddy recently didnt wash their bikes, and will be keen to come again.

Come learn how to do donuts on the bike (its always easier in the mud - and can help with tight conditions when you need to backtrack 180deg).

Clearly, its in West Beach. Consists of whooped out sand to get there, but is only about 2kays worth. Then its mudville, and enough sand tracks from there to give you heartburn.

But... after having ghastly stories recounted to me this weekend, its time to get serious about safety. A group of 3bikers (2 guys/1 girl) were seriously sorted out at Zone 7 (across the tar road from the entrance!!! :eek:) about only 500metres away odd. She was dragged into the bushes, and the guy who stood up to the 3 or 4 moegoes got bliksemed straight into hospital with a cracked skull. Thankfully they didnt get very far with her at all, and the attackers left shortly afterward. But that kind of crap has got to stop. If police do squat, I will.

So, whoever comes on this ride, must keep this in mind. Has anyone got some serious protection? Something metallic? I only got a panga, which I am happy to take with and use.

Lemme know - and believe me, I know, it sounds ridiculous innit? But I cant stand the thought of someone getting hurt.

Thoughts? I am not suggesting before anyone gets light headed any form of vigilantism, but rather just a smart protection strategy. Ideas.....