A two week, semi-solo to Mosselbaai

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stofstreep

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
NER-A-CAR
Hi guys/gals
I'm planning a long overdue two week trip down to Mosselbaai for December.
I'm planning to leave Gauteng the 25th, taking 3 days to get to Mosselbaai. 3 days there, then 2 days at J-Bay, 3 day to Reitz and 2 days later back home.

My planned route is attached, but my overnight places will be as followed. PTA-Wepener (Fleetwood Country inn)-Nieu Bethesda (bergsig??)-Mosselbai (Friends)-J-Bay (Friends)-East London (Clear view lodge) - Drakensberg gardens caravan park - Reitz (Family)-PTA

My route is going to be back roads as far as possible with a good mix of tar and Gravel, and I'll be camping each night during my travels, except in Mosselbaai and J-Bay.
My brother might join me for the first two days of the trip, from where he will then shoot down to CT.

Do you guys have any suggestions on points of interest and suggestions on routes, good camp sites and any other suggestions, I'll greatly appreciate any input.

Here is a map of the planned trip, and I'll work on the Mapsource file to get it a bit smaller and attach it a bit later.

Thanks
C

Attachments

• Mosselbaai.jpg
    Mosselbaai.jpg
    299.4 KB · Views: 196