Absoluut Geen Sand? Whatever...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stroke her

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha T7
So Tuesday my schedule became a bit flexible and I was home before the 5pm rush. What to do...what to do?

I figured a quick blits to Atlantis to break my GSA's sand cherry is in order >:D

Trapped through there and just stopped at the garage...dropped back E-07 to 1bar and front TKC to 1.2 bar. I was alone with no water and just standard toolkit so I told myself: Just a quick blits...no heroics!

Went in via the back entrance and the first 300m was really churned up by all the 4x4 ouens...thereafter things levelled of and I could ride in their tracks. Quick blacst round the dunes (dropped her once...I really do not know what all the fuss is about picking them up?)and then back out. The jeep track out was easier than coming in...I suspect I was used to the bikes weight by then.

Observations:
Geen Sand??? ...whatever people. The bike rides fine in sand...it is not a KTM690 or 300 but as a 256kg fully fueled up uber-tourer she does just fine. If you are a few guys together you could ride more aggressively as you have help on hand...alone I had to take it easy. Once on the big open dunes she ran nice in stable in 4th gear. No worries. Only the churned up jeep track was 2nd and 3rd and there you have to pay attention.

Aint she pretty standing on top of that dune?

Attachments

• Atlantis.jpg
    Atlantis.jpg
    57.4 KB