Advice F 800 GS Adventure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bearforce1

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
Ello,

I am from Australia and am taking a round the world motorcycle adventure. I have set aside a few years to complete this. I starting by buying a new F 800 GSA in South Africa.

I am not an off road rider or expert camper. I will be going off road as much as possible throughout my travels. I will be riding from A to B and wanting to see the world as I go by.

I am trying to select what gear is best. I am wanting to buy as much in South Africa as possible providing pricing is roughly the same.

My first question is what are the prices for BMW accessories, riding gear and camping equipment like in SA. Is it better to or the same to buy in SA or should I get my stuff now before I get there. 

Kitting out my bike. I am thinking of having hard panniers a top box and a massive duffle/dry bag over the pillion seat. I was thinking of jesse lugage, https://www.jesseluggage.com/f650-800gs.html or pelican/carribou panniers. Are these available over there? What do you think?

I also need advice regarding tool kits and bash plates, air pumps etc for the bike.

I know it is a lot to ask but any advice and information will be much appreciated.

Thanks heaps
bearforce1