• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Africa Twin for Sale - SOLD to pendoring!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jurginius

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
I am selling my 1998 Africa Twin. It has just turned 49000km on Friday (13/3). I bought the bike in November 2007. There is no full service history, although I can supply you with all the invoices for all the work I had done on the bike. This includes stuff like having the clutch replaced, having some gears in the tranny replaced, which meant splitting the crankcase, so it had new gaskets and rings installed 5000km ago. The engine itself is absolutely fine. Which means I am selling a bike that is in much better mechanical condition than I bought it. Other items which was replaced in the past year include the battery, the front tire, the chain and sprockets (5000km ago), so all of these are in good condition. The rear tire is also still fine. So, overall, it is a bike in very good condition. You are welcome to verify all of this with the workshop staff at Honda Helderberg where all this work was done.

Why am I selling? I had to spend a lot of money to fix the above mentioned mechanical problems, which meant I did not experience the legendary bit about the bike. The bike is also just too heavy and big for me. I discovered that I really need a slightly smaller and substantially lighter bike. So, I will be taking ownership of a new BMW F650GS (800cc) Twin hopefully by next Wednesday (18/03/2009). This means only really serious buyers who really want an Africa Twin and who have the money available right now need apply, as I will need your money in my account by next Wednesday. Which also means no cheques will be accepted, as it will just take too long to clear. If I don't find a buyer meeting the above requirement, I will trade it in, at a loss to me, but that is unfortunately the speed at which I am moving on this. I only finally gave the go ahead on the BMW Friday, (13/3) afternoon, so that is the reason for the short notice and hurry.

I will start negotiating at R40k. This includes the bike, a Yoshimura unsilencer (which was on the bike when I bought it, but was replaced with an original Honda silencer), a top box and a Haynes manual. The bike also has a SW-Motech main stand fitted. I will get you a RWC.

Latest posts