Aftermarket exhaust selection

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi. I'm hoping some of the technically minded folk could help out a bit here. Last weekend, whilst fixing a leak in my stock exhaust I managed to create more problems for myself. Well, I fixed the leak but broke the exhaust shrouds when I dropped the stock exhaust can. Damn plastic shrouds just shattered into many pieces.
So, I was thinking instead of replacing the plastic shrouds and staying with the stock can a custom set of pipes will do. Problem is, I am loathe to spend 12k and up on new exhausts (twin under seat style setup). What would I need to consider if getting a used set is an option? To my mind a similar setup bike (V-twin, under seat, 2 into 1 into 2) should be a close match to an aftermarket system. I would like to dyno the result anyway, to check for any issues, but figure a little bit of time to think about overall implications would not go amiss.

Anyone with a more detailed knowledge of exhaust systems that can provide solid advice?
Thanks