Air Hawk Review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XL1000

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
So I picked up my Air Hawk from Adventurer and headed off on holiday.
Left Jhb at 05h05 and made our way around Johannesburg to the N3 to Durban.

Initially I rode without the cushion and by the time we reached Harrysmith I was in agony.
Strapped on the Air Hawk and gave it slight inflation.
I found it difficult to see any improvement at first and it took several attempts to re position the cushion and vary the inflation.
Finally found the right combination and settled into the ride to Umtentweni South Coast.

Thank you Kurt for saving my ass!!!!

I have however since found that most of the discomfort is caused by different undergarments (jocks).
Put on a pair of low friction type pants and there is little need for the Air Hawk at all.
Ride with normal pair of jeans and the Air Hawk is a great friend on a long ride.
Must mention that we only stop for fuel and food once on the trip.

I also adjusted my seat to the high position and this also increased comfort level.
R1200RT.

Toady after a 900 km trip completed yesterday, we went for a ride again. 80 km to breakfast spot with Air Hawk and 90 km run back home without it. On a short trip, I can now say I will rather ride without it.
Long run is where it comes into its own....

Results will vary from rider to rider and from bike to bike so take one for a test run first if you can.