Alternative Fuel pump for the KTM 950

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plothond

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1090 Adventure R
Those that went to the Gauteng bash will recall the problem that Funacide had with his fuel pump

Soon it became apparent (after some searching on ADV rider as well), that this is a well known and documented problem on the '03 - 05 KTM 950 Adventures

The position of the pump just above the bashplate allows a lot of water and grime to enter this pump and the contact points become dirty or even rust off.

The pump is not even a KTM design. Why KTM ever decided to use it is a mystery as this same pump (Mitsubishi manufactured) was also used on the Legend Africa Twin and gave many problems - even then
(a notable exception is Crazy Porra's AT which has done over 100 000km without a problem)

Just off the cuff, I know that SGB, Funacide, Slick and Nardus? have had problems with this pump packing up.
I have just had a call from a friend (not a forum member) who appears to have the problem as well

From the my research it appears that an aftermarket solution, the FACET 40105 is the most suited - pump rate, pressure resistance (to switch off), size etc....
A lot of forum members are now riding around with the FACET as a spare now, but it seems as if no-one has had the need to fit it.

The Nardus contacts me and says that there is NO way he can get this thing to fit in the available space where the OEM part sits.

After this mornings call, I gave the chap the advice of buying the FACET (The OEM part costs close on 2k)

Have any other forum members fitted the FACET and can they give any advice here ???