Another Botswana Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aka.Goliath

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
I have been doing a lot of research trying to find a place in the Okavango or Chobe area that suits what we are after. I am travelling by bike (690) but with back up in the form of my mate with his lady friend in a 4x4. I obviously want to stay off the beaten track so will try riding a few (ok I wont fool myself, some very long) cut lines, Makgadigkadi etc. Right now I'm after accommodation in/near the Okavango. We're hoping for something nice with the whole 'safari' tents lodge vibe as we're not keen on camping for several days. We definitely want to do game drives, photography etc. Most places are out of our budget - well the R45,000 per night one is - as we hoping to spend R1500 per night. Seeing as my bike wont likely be allowed into the parks I need to find a place to keep the bike a few days while we travel into the delta and surrounds (perhaps in Maun), unless I find a good place that's outside the reserves. Any advise or recommendations would be appreciated.