ANOTHER HEADSHAKE STORY

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spokie

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
Well, I read some posts of other dogs regarding head shakes and tank slappers and could not put the all the similarities together. On my XR500RE I get a head shake at fairly low speed, around 90km/h and it worsens if it increases. It is an inherent shake I get, for it is on gravel and on tar. I suspect the front shocks but what can I do about it or be sure and how do you stiffen them up, if they are the problem. An other important phenomenon or rather paradoxical, in that when I try to stabilize the front wheel, at that shaky speed by pulling the handlebars to me, the shake goes away  :eek:  As soon as I relax my grip on the handlebars she gets the wiggles instantly. That's why I suspect the front suspension but that is only a wild assumption, not really based on anything. These kind of oscillations, in these spring damper machines of ours, get exited by anything at just the right frequency.  ::) Does anyone have experience with this sort of weirdness and how do one eliminate the possibilities.  :p

Latest posts