another Lesotho trip, please give inputs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m0lt3n

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1290 Adventure R
Good day all. we are want to do a bit of Lesotho in that long weekend of the 1 of May. It will be a with a subaru forrester, which does have low range but limited ground clearance, and then another an 800GS as well as an 1200GS, both with pillion. Sunday we will also still have to drive back home to Carletonville/Kathu and we would rather not pack extra for camping. So keep that in mind...

Thursday
Kimberley to Semonkong to see the waterfal. Enter somewhere around Zastron and do Mohales hoek.
Lot of mention of Mohales hoek, is it worth it? I take it its a mountain pass?

Friday
Semonkong to Katse dam. Is that detour to Roma/Ntsi advised or is there a more straight approach possible and advised?

Saturday
Katse down Sani pass and up again to Fouriesburg/Afriski. This is to far I think or is it possible? Is there nice stayover options en route? I understand the Katse to Sani route can take the whole day, problem is then we end up at sani for the night, and have a hell of a long route for Sunday? Do I have to skip this bit and rather do Katse to Afriski? (I feel katse to sani would be the highlight of the trip..)

please give some inputs and suggestions gents?
Google maps cant plot mohales hoek to semonkong....is that bit do-able?