Anti fracking Rally, Cape Town, 22 Sept!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dustdevil

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R80GS
For those Cape Town and Western Cape riders with nothing to do on the 22 Sept, and those feeling strong about fracking, please take your bike and go support the anti fracking rally in front of parliament on the 22 Sept 2012. Sorry I know it's not a read ride but please guys plan for this one if you can make it.

This is your riding territory, imagine it being turned into an industrial landscape , imagine thousands of trucks on dusty Karoo roads, imagine frack pads dotting the entire landscape,  imagine pipe lines running for hundreds of miles.

Read the following letter if you need more information;

Dear Karoo Friends

In response to the lifting of the moratorium, there will be another anti-fracking protest on 22 Sept at the gates of Parliament (10h30 - 12h00), supported by several organisations. We are planning to hand over a memorandum calling for a ban on fracking in South Africa. Quite a few organisations have already indicated that they would sign this memorandum, and if you know of any Karoo-based organisations that we should invite to sign the memorandum as well, please let me know as soon as possible, thanks! (We are only asking groups/organisations to sign, not individuals.)

Although I realise that it is very far to come to Cape Town from Nieu-Bethesda, it would be really wonderful if some of you wanted to join us! The details of the protest can be found at the following link: https://www.facebook.com/events/188429077955901/

Warm regards
Marina Louw