Any Plausible explainations why my BMW G450X won’t start?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mango Jack

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape, RSA - (Kabul, Afghan
Bike
AJS (all models)
Pleeezz WD’s with Technical experience with the BMW G450X, Help!
Five (Feb 12) months ago I purchased a late 2009 G450X, services regularly at a Gauteng BMW Dealership, from a reputable seller. As Murphy would have it, after about 60min of playing on the gravel foot paths behind my house, accompanies by my son on his 125cc school boy scramble, my son fell. I stopped to assist him and switched the G450X off. After my son was dusted off, the G450X just would not start. (Battery eventually died from trying in vain to start).
I pushed the bike home, very disillusioned. Put the battery on charge through the night.
The next morning after a long time the G450X started it was spluttering badly and I thought to take for a spin around the block. Well after about 400m, two/three backfires and then cut out. I pushed home again.
Well I took the bike to a very reputable bike mechanic in PE. He put the GS 911 diagnostics which suggested initially the Fuel pump, then the CDI, then the wiring harness. Well after a substantial time we all gave up on it. As the expert says, he cant understand it has; “Fuel, Spark & compression” it must start.
I then took the still non starting G450X to the PE BMW Dealership “Continental Cars” who have now had the G450X for 5 weeks and still they are clueless as to why it won’t start. According to the weekly email updates from the PE BMW dealership, their diagnostics indicate a problem somewhere in the wiring harness.
Does anybody on the forum perhaps have any ideas, or have I purchased a “cat in a bag”?
Yeah yeah KTM owners I know it is not orange,  