Anysberg Nature Reserve _ Advice needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hondsekierie

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 SE
We're busy planning a trip and part of it will be from Botrivier - Montaque - Anysberg - Prins Albert which is approximately 400km.

The idea is to leave Botrivier @ 09:00 in the morning, doing as much dirt into the reserve, heading towards Prince Albert.  The problem we have with the planning is that this is only 240km odd to Anysberg and there seems to be no other camping / sleeping facilities (which i'm aware off) for the next 140kms.

I have looked in previous RR's for some advice but it seems all is towards the R62.  We have allowed an avg of between 300 - 350kms / day, hence our reluctance to just do 240km.

I gather this is an awesome area and is more than willing to make up lost kays in some other areas of the trip.

Questions:
1.) Is it possible to cover Botrivier to Prince Albert in one day and still be able to enjoy it?
2.) Any camping / sleeping facilities between Anysberg and prince Albert?  Stealth camping an option?
3.) Any pvt roads one must have permission to ride / Locked gates etc?
4.) Any additional info (we will cover this area start of April)

All help much appreciated