Aprilia Caponord impressions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IDR

Grey Hound
Administrator
Reaction score
This is mainly aimed at current Caponord owners (Zonk? B&C?), but please feel free to raise your opinion even if you don't own one...

I had a Moz-by-cage holiday planned for the end of April, which has fallen through... As an alternative I thought it would be a phenomenal idea to do a bit of distance with the SO.  Her parents live on a farm near Cradock, we have about a week and a bit available, and I practically have my pick of bikes to go with.  My KLR is not suited to long distance, two up and fully loaded (budget's a little tight, so we'll probably camp most of the way).  I also don't think that the Z is well suited to the distances, and I want to be able to tackle some dirt if the whim takes me.  So, considering the requirements, I thought that the Caponord would be ideal.

So, questions:
* What kind of fuel consumption should I expect with a weight (rider + pillion + luggage) of about 200 kg?
* I've seen pictures and so on, but how big is the space behing the seat really?  Big enough to be able to strap a tent down there?
* How is the wind/rain protection?  I expect us to encounter some rain, but because of space limitations, rain gear is something I'd rather leave at home.

Then, any riding impressions woul also be greatly appreciated :thumright: