ARC Helmet a review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stofstreep

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
NER-A-CAR
I bought myself the ARC enduro type helmet from Runner (Thanks Runner) a month or so back and haven't had time to test it properly.
Price: R1250

First off. I'm by no means an expert on all things related to helmets, and can only compare it to the Airoh and the Shark that I own.

First impressions:
The immediate "feel" is of quality and good workmanship.
The outer shell has got much less flex in the region of the Airoh.
The peak, although adjustable it has very limited range of motion, but is not too bad overall. It is a bit higher than the Airoh but it is a bit broader at the front, which should help a bit.
The visor looks like it is off good quality and slopes much less than the one of the Airoh. The seal on the bottom rubber is not perfect though, but with a bit of modification to the adjustment ring that can be sorted.
When the visor is in the full up position it is still sort of in your field of vision, but I'm sure that can be overcome.
The Fit is perfect. I love it. Luckily my brother picked up the helmet and test fitted it in store.

dsc44740057350hh3.jpg

dsc44760704769ri1.jpg

dsc44771734193hm7.jpg

dsc44782484403rl6.jpg

Test Ride:
I took on a little test ride with my brother's F800GS to Dunnotter and back to Centurion.
Despite the imperfect seal on the visor the wind noise is much less than that in the Airoh .
Like I said the fit is perfect for me and I had no trouble during the journey.
Head shake only starts above 160km/h with the standard screen of the BMW, but is still manageable at 200km/h  >:D (and less than the BMW enduro, according to my brother  :biggrin:  :pot:  ;D)

dsc31453985833ks5.jpg

Conclusion:
Despite the few niggles and issues I have, I am overall very Happy with my purchase, as this must be the best Helmet in this price range.
It also fits goggles better than the Airoh.  :thumleft: :biggrin: :biggrin:

dsc44933613233uo4.jpg

dsc44953781986lv6.jpg