Armored Air Jackets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adventurer

Gentleman Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1290 Super Adventure
Once again, another excellent product researched and brought in by Schlowy Customs, of which I am an agent.
This air vest is worn over your bike jacket, it is airflow designed so should not make you any hotter, it gets attached to the bike by a clip mechanism, if you fall off the bike the airbag deploys instantly, it is designed to protect your vital organs, vertebrae, chest and neck area.
It is reusable (as long as the replaceable inner chambers are not damaged), and will not inadvertently deploy, it needs a 20kg+ tug on the cable before it deploys, so forgetting to unclip yourself before you climb off your bike will not necessarily wind up in am embarrassing deployment.
Now, while most of us have come off our bikes at some stage or another, if the risk of falling off with a known little injury risk you can decide to leave it unclipped, like the guys in the WC that ride the sand dunes on weekends etc, but there are many of us that have fallen off pretty hard and sustained severe injuries, this vest will go a long way to minimizing that risk, it can be arranged to allow you to stand at will, and move around quite freely without risk of accidental deployment.
I have one here that is being used by my daughter (the ever protective parent that I am... :biggrin:) and many thanks to Schlowy of Schlowy Customs.
The cylinder needs to be checked and possibly replaced yearly as a safety measure. Various sizes are available.

Attachments

• Airbag vest.jpg
    Airbag vest.jpg
    48 KB
  • airbag01.jpg
    airbag01.jpg
    12.3 KB