ATG Overlander Saddlebags... Arrived today!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Look what arrived this morning!  :thumleft: :thumleft:

IMG_0471copy.jpg

IMG_0466copy.jpg

IMG_0465copy.jpg

First impressions:

I have to admit, when i first opened the box and pulled the panniers out my first thought was" shit these things are huge!" which is mucho bad!! Now i have way to much space to fit all sorts of crap i dont need.  :pot:

seriously though, these are very well made and the design and position of the attachment points are well thought out. If I were genius enough to make a set it would be very close to this type of set up. A simple design with a, no mess no fuss type approach, just the kinda thing that keeps me happy.  :ricky:  I used a koako soft top box when I rode to Mozambique a few months ago, and that was a pain in the ass to take on and off the bike. Was certainly better than my old rucksack, but none the less way too many straps and plastic buckles. One of those damn buckles broke when I was attaching it to the bike, and had to then have a new one sewn in. Major mission

The outer shell feels tough and durable, and the removeable waterproof inner is a huge plus!! Again, no fancy zips or clasps or belt buckle type things.  4 reflector patches to help with visibility at night.  :thumleft:\

What clinches the deal here is the extra straps that help to pull the bags away from the exhaust and side panels. I had a set of saddlebags years ago made from old army rucksacks, and they sagged in at the bottom and eventually caught fire against the exhaust. In the pics here, I have just stuffed the bags with a few cushions and thrown them over the seat to see how they look on the bike. I still have to make a bracket to keep then off the exhaust. So watch this space for the completed look.

Counting down to my next ride and cant wait to see how these saddle bags hold up. But judging from the look and feel of them, I would dare to say these are gonna be worth every penny! :deal: