Atlantis sand with a question mark

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pleco

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS HP2
Pinging the Atlantis regulars.

I have seen the sand getting softer and softer at Parklands. Last Sunday was really soft, with no floatation at all. But if you don't make it, the tarmac is only about 300m away.

Would Atlantis be a good idea for us more seasoned newbies to have a go on Sunday?

I could see the lot starting to get a little bored in the flat stuff on Sunday. But Atlantis is huge. (4x4 there quite a bit) If you get too tired to keep going, you could be a long way from the gate.

Shredder and I will be going, with the families in the Land Rovers, and we will be taking the bikes with. But if it gets too hectic, we will park the bikes and use the Landies.

We will be spending the whole day there on Sunday, so the sand would probably get worse as the day gets hotter. But we won't be riding all the time. Going to take some shade and a skottel braai with, and just chill for the day.

Anybody keen to come along? Depending on advice from Michiel and Kamanya etc. (we'll be going anyway. But we have the option to bail to the 4x4s.) Maybe there are some other WDs with a 4x4 option. (come on Desert Snoek)