Atlantis Saturday

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:laughing4:

Ok Ok!

What a jol we had, thanks for organizing the ride Kreef and EtienneDRZ. Thanks for all who came as specially Johan on his red KLR as
for a change I wasn't the only KLR on the sand.   :thumleft:
The day turned out to be pretty hot but the dunes were as beautiful as ever.

Tiaan (800GS) and his boy Niel (Dakar) had to leave early as the poor oke had a big flying fall but he took it like a man and rode the beast out of there.
Hope you feel better today.

Kreef001.jpg

Kreef002.jpg

Kreef003.jpg

Kreef004.jpg

Kreef005.jpg

Kreef006.jpg

Kreef007.jpg

Kreef008.jpg

Kreef009.jpg

Kreef010.jpg

Kreef011.jpg

Kreef012.jpg

Kreef013.jpg

Kreef014.jpg

Kreef015.jpg

Kreef016.jpg

Kreef017.jpg

Kreef018.jpg

Kreef019.jpg

Kreef020.jpg

Kreef021.jpg

Kreef022.jpg

Kreef023.jpg

Kreef024.jpg

Kreef025.jpg

Kreef026.jpg

Kreef027.jpg

Kreef028.jpg

Kreef029.jpg

Kreef030.jpg

Kreef031.jpg

Kreef032.jpg

Kreef033.jpg

Kreef034.jpg

Kreef035.jpg

AWESOME PICS!!!!
Thanks Michiel! And thanks to Kreef for organizing and for the beer - sorry didn't get to say cheers.

Bliksim, i'm stiff today - been off the bike too long.

:thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

Michiel....weereens! Lekker om jou op rides te he! En jou foto's stunning soos altyd!

Bonova, didnt you have a couple a pics?

Hi Guys

Thanks for joining us for an awesome day. Sorry that brunch only happened round about lunch time, but ja...

The day turned out to be a heap of fun with loads of sandboarding (well, not really for the wild dogs, but for the rest of us) and even some hanggliding. Damn, after 7 1/2 hours of fun, i was close to passing out... (average heart rate over 7 1/2 hours = 151bmp. Max = 206bmp)

Thanks Michiel for the pics... next time, try not to take any of my bike on her side...

Niel, keep us updated on the injury. Hope to see all of you soon for another ride!

PS bonova: NICE WHEELIE!!!

Thanks for organizing dudes, was a lot of fun.  Awesome pics you took Michiel! Thanks Kreef for the breakfast/hospitality, you sure know how to organize a day at the dunes!

See you all again soon..

Must say that I really like the look of that XC whith the TT tank :thumleft:

I would just like to thank all for another lekker Saturday well spent, and especially Michiel, Johan and Bonova for helping me after I tumbled.
For those that don't know, I was following the pro's through the dunes, going about 40 +kmph maybe a little faster and I deviated off their line by literally 2 meters going down a gentle descent. All of a sudden it turned into powder and my front wheel dug in. I put my weight all the way back, but this meant that the bike followed me over when I went over the bars. I faceplanted and then the bike rolled over my legs.
There was a big dent in my leg where my barkbusters bent on impact to my calf muscle..ouch.
I saw a physio and she said I have split some of the muscles and stretched a tendon. As a result Im struggling to move. Thank ATTGATT. I got hit every place that there is protection (elbow, left shin, left nee, right calf muscle, thigh muscle) If I had skimped on any gear, it could have been a tad more serious.

Another thing is I though my dad had left as he had a function to attend, so I assumed he had gone home. He was actually stuck in a powder sand bowl behind a dune somwhere and could not get his bike out for an hour+. He was then late for his function and raced home. Doing 120kph on the M5 where the roadworks were taking place, he impacted with a brand new merc when a dude with a KTM on the back of his bakkie moved over to block him coming past. His footpeg tore through the mercedes along all the panels, and even tearing the rim of the car. Thank whatever is up there that he stayed on his bike. (his footpeg was bent almost off, but the merc was stuffed, shows you how kak they build them nowadays :-\ )

Thanks vir n gr8 dag, het self vir 1h agter die duine vas gesit :'( maar het dam later lekker gelag daaroor ( 100m : 7 keer bike opgetel ) :biggrin:

Thanx to ET for showing me the route along the railway...now I can atleast get there without wearing out the knobblies!
Thank you to all for a great day. I would have loved to stay longer but due to my cold/flue I really started feeling kark round about lunch time...then to top it of I got a flat halfway back along the railwayline in my backwheel. Riding alone I did not feel like chancing a repair in the middle of nowhere (too many skollies) in the sun with my curent state of health. So I rode the last 45km home with a completely flat wheel. All I can say is that the guys use Mich Deserts in the Dakar for a reason. At 80km/h the bike starts to stabilize even though the wheel is flat. I got home, took out the tube and repaired it and refitted the wheel. No damage to the tire or rim and I  reused the same tube.

Sorry for the people that got hurt, hope that you recover soon. Next time stay on line...2m of is too far when the sand is soft like that.Something to consider for next time...why was Dakarboy's dad stuck for two hours by himself? Or do I have my info wrong?